The Federation of European Social Employers represents national employers in social services at EU level. The national employers are involved in negotiations with workers representatives, in view of ensuring decent jobs and working conditions for a skilled workforce. These negotiations also aim to improve the sector’s attractiveness and are a condition for the quality of the services they provide to persons with social support needs.
European Social Dialogue involves negotiations between social partners (employers and workers) at European level. The Federation of European Social Employers, joined by CEMR obtained in July 2023, with its trade union counterpart, the European Federation of Public Service Unions (EPSU), the set up, by the European Commission, of a European sectoral social dialogue committee for social services.
The Social Employers and EPSU have, before this set up, developed a wide range of joint statements, position papers and thematic seminars on relevant topics for the sector. They will now go further and inform of new developments on this page.
- Joint statement – European Care Strategy: Member States must act now! EN, DE, FR, ES, IT, PT, EL, PL, RO, SV.
- Joint statement – The situation in Ukraine. EN.Joint Declaration – European Care Strategy: strong social dialogue in social services needed. EN, DE, FR, ES.
- Joint Position Paper – The forthcoming European Care Strategy. EN, DE, FR, ES.
- Joint Statement – The importance of developing social dialogue in the Social Economy. EN.
- Joint Position Paper – Preparing the social services sector for the COVID-19 resurgence and increasing its resilience. EN.
- Joint Statement – The Covid-19 Outbreak and Impact on Social Services. EN, DE, FR, ES, IT.
- Joint Position Paper – Recruitment and retention in European Social Services. EN, DE, FR, ES, IT, PT, EL,SV, RO, HU.
- Thematic Seminar – Evolving jobs, skills and training needs in social services
- Thematic Seminar – Addressing workforce needs and challenges in social services to implement the European Pillar of Social Rights and the forthcoming EU Care Strategy
- Joint Event – A big step towards a European sectoral social dialogue committee for social services
- Thematic Seminar – The Impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on Social Services and the Role of Social Dialogue
- Joint Webinar – Preventing Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs) in the Social Services sector
- Thematic Seminar – Safe and healthy workplaces in Social Services during and after the COVID-19 and the role of Social Partners
- Thematic Seminar – How to manage diversity and mobility of the workforce in more attractive social services
- Thematic Seminar – Socially responsible Public Procurement for Social Services
- Thematic Seminar – European Social Dialogue for the Social Services Sector
- Thematic Seminar – Recruitment and Retention in Social Services
- Thematic Seminar – Digitalisation in Social Services