The Federation of Social Sector Actors (fédération des acteurs du secteur social – FEDAS) Luxembourg is the main network of social services organisations in Luxembourg. Their 180 members are active mainly in supporting children and families, persons with disabilities and older persons.
FEDAS Luxembourg’s mission is to:
- Coordinate the proposals, initiatives and actions of its members engaged in the field of social action and disseminate innovations in their vast network.
- Offer support and advice to its member organisations, including representing members interests and diverse needs towards public authorities.
- Analyse the sector’s challenges that require new approaches, implement new forms of action and be a source of proposals for the sector. To do this, FEDAS leads permanent platforms and ad hoc working groups.
- Help member organisations to increase their management capacity, in terms of finance and human resources, by providing advice and answers to their daily management concerns.
- Negotiate with social partners collective labor agreements.
FEDAS is a full member of the Federation of European Social Employers.